Network Rail published ‘International Rail Freight: Opportunities for Growth’, a report that examines the history of freight traffic via the Channel Tunnel, the challenges facing the market sector and the ways in which the industry is working to address them. It suggests that the opportunities to grow volumes with new and expanded flows are significant, but realising them requires collaboration across a range of short to long-term initiatives.
On 20 June, key stakeholders came together to discuss these opportunities and initiatives from their perspective, during this special RFG webinar on international freight. Speakers were:
• Benn Hall, DfT Head of Channel Tunnel Policy, International Rail
• Kathryn Oldale, DB Cargo Head of Strategy, Policy & Communications
• Jean-Pierre Ramirez, Eurotunnel Railway Network Director
• Jonathan Williams, Lead Strategic Planner, Network Rail
• Connor Lempriere, Senior Strategic Planner, Network Rail.